Griffiths-Hovendick Beatrice Location
The Griffiths-Hovendick Chapel Inc. in Beatrice was established on September 23, 1944, when Heath and Blanche Griffiths purchased the Bergmeyer Funeral Home at 16th and Court Street in Beatrice. In 1956, we built the first new facility in Beatrice designated specifically as a funeral home at it’s current location in Beatrice at 708 North 6th Street (on the corner of U.S. Hwy. 77 and Washington Streets).
Dick Hovendick (and late wife Jackie Griffiths) joined Heath and Blanche Griffiths at the firm in 1960, and Dick’s son, Rich Hovendick, became the third generation at the firm when he joined the funeral home in 1978. Both Dick and Rich are licensed funeral directors and embalmers and licensed pre-need salesmen. Samantha Thompson, the fourth generation of the family, joined the funeral home in 2016 as a licensed funeral director, embalmer and licensed pre-need salesperson.
The funeral home in Beatrice was fully updated and remodeled in 2015. An integrated video system was added to the facility as well as a semi-private family room.